Monday, January 4, 2010

Humble Beginnings



Last summer was when I first took the plunge and took wedding photographs. I always had a dream of being a photographer and a obsession with weddings that goes far beyond day dreaming of just my own wedding some day. BUT I had ZERO experience. Now who wants to hire me? So having no money (ha ha ha still having no money) to spend on advertising or having a clue on what to charge for my inexperience I posted a few advertisements on Craigslist for an unbelievable price. The experience was priceless because the money I did charge did not profit my business but just helped pay for bills. :(

So today's task is to advertise again on craigslist. I meet some wonderful couples last year; couples who gave me a chance and allowed me to create wonderful photographs that I'm very proud of. Advertising on craigslist is just the beginning... Stay turned for future plans for advertising.

Now time for bed. Oh how I struggled to do anything tonight due to being so tired from babysitting the past two evenings. YAWN. But it was worth it to help a friend and see her cute little kiddos that I adore like family of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment