Saturday, January 9, 2010

Webbles Wobble but THEY WON'T FALL DOWN!

Yesterday the Soar scholarship was announced, an amazing opportunity given by Mera Koh to three woman. The winners received a Sony camera, lenses, flash, adobe products, business counseling, workshops, a website.... the list was endless and although it had no value stated on the website, it was priceless. 260 woman entered 2 minute videos explaining why they needed the Soar scholarship. I did not win. NOT WINNING SUCKS! Of course I'm disappointed, I wanted to win more than anything. To have all the tools, advice, guidance handed to me in a box with a pretty bow (quite literally the winners were given their camera's in a box with a bow) would have been beyond words AMAZING! I cried. But now it's time to move on. I know more than most you don't always get what you want but you pick yourself up and fight tooth and nail for your dreams! I didn't need this to be a photographer. I will still be a photographer.

What amazed me and inspired me was all the support from my friends. My friend Jon actually helped me make my video and text me through out the day to see if I had won. Many of my coworkers had me in their thoughts and had nothing but encouraging comments all over my facebook. Their comments lifted me up and reminded me that I do have my own little fan club cheering me on. Thank you! I do lack confidence and I needed a boost.

Today I finished my Wedding Wire page. Free advertising is my best friend. Check out my page and hopefully it will help me get some business!

No comments:

Post a Comment