Thursday, January 7, 2010

On the fast track




Last night I received my FREE copy of Dane Sander's book... Fast Track Photographer, so I started reading it today. Already I LOVE it. I haven't gotten past chapter one but I'm excited for the pages and knowledge to come. I have been dying to buy the book for a while now as well as enroll in the [b] school... but I never have the money. Story of my life! I actually won the book from Twitter, I am embracing and loving social media! I just love that this book is not about f-stops and lighting, that's important but I've learned the basics of that already.... what I need to learn is to be successful as a professional instead of a girl with a hobby.

Today's photos is of my cat Sydney. She's about a year old, a lover and a pistol all rolled into one little fur ball. As you can see from the pictures my bed is her and my other cat Madame favorite place to sleep... leaving my duvet covered in fur. They both also love to sleep in my clothes, which leaves me covered in fur. C'est la vie! Since I don't have any children my cats are in a way like my children. Sydney was napping on my bed and I just couldn't resist taking pictures of her.

Tomorrow the Soar scholarship from Mera Koh is announced. Getting this scholarship would be like getting oxygen. I'm sure it was a difficult decision for her to make with over 200 applicants who all want this but hopefully the three woman that win are the ones that truly deserve it the most. I can only hope to someday give back and pay it forward to future photographers the same way these photographers have given back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment